Save each drip and drop
The week of 20th to 24th March 2017 is Water Saving Week, raising awareness of the benefits of water saving.
It's vital to use water wisely - whatever the weather and wherever the location - to protect this precious and finite resource for generations to come.
So for us at Wolverhampton Homes and for our tenants, this has financial savings and environmental benefits:
- Saving money: Using less water can reduce your costs in both paying for your water, which costs around £1/m3, but also in reducing disposal and treatment costs which can be £2 to £3/m3 – a double win;
- Saving energy: Water use is very often linked to energy costs in that energy is required to heat water and to treat it, so lower water usage can mean savings in your energy bills – a triple win;
- Reducing carbon footprint: Using less water has a direct impact on your carbon emissions, and reduces your carbon footprint;
- Being responsible: Managing water use supports our policy for improved environmental performance and demonstrates to our customers and stakeholders that we are acting as a responsible business.
Our Energy and Climate Change team is already helping tenants save water and energy through our home energy visits which give tenants and leaseholders advice and a water saving kit.
- Last Updated: Friday, 17 March 2017 15:24
- Published: Friday, 17 March 2017 14:40